Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lets try this again..

Clearly I did a HORRIBLE job of updating my blog while I was pregnant. Maybe this time I will actually keep it going.. with recent inspiration from my lovely twin in law (Paige Ashley Kratt) I've decided to make a mommy blog. Not that I'm an expert in any way, I'm only 22 and this is my first baby, but I wanted to make a blog about mother-hood. The items I wish I had when I was pregnant, stuff I wish I had for the first few months, my favorite baby buys, and just experiences. If you disagree or have any ideas for ways to make my blog better, PLEASE comment. I'd love to hear some feedback, as I'm a first time blogger! 

My baby love is almost 4 months now! Her name is Ashtyn Kade! She was born April 29th, 2013. Weighing in at 8 pounds 6.7 ounces. She did not feel like coming on her own, so I was induced the night before. I had gestational diabetes, and if she was any bigger, my doctor was going to c-section her (which I DID NOT) want to happen, so I made the choice to be induced. The foley balloon hurt like helllll! but everything else went pretty smoothly. I was super nervous about getting a shot in my back (epidural) but it wasn't that bad. & I loved that I could (try to) enjoy labor and the exciting time with my family! We had tons of support from our family the day of, there was almost 20 of us anxiously waiting on baby krattt, it was the most amazing experience! I wish I could just re-live that day OVER AND OVER AND OVER again :) 

I think I got pretty lucky with her, she has been sleeping through the night since she was about 5 weeks old. I put her on a schedule & it worked like a charm. Every night we have bath time around 9, after that I put her lotion on (sometimes give her a witttle baby massage) her, pajamas, we do tummy time (slacking lately), and then I feed her. She is asleep every night by 10, unless I take her off the schedule due to not being home around 9, even then she is asleep close to that time. She is teething right now like crazy, constantly chewing on everything, and fussy. I know the worst is yet to come though lol she hasn't cut any teeth yet. 

Lately she has been obsessed with her feet, they are constantly in her mouth. She LOVES Doctor McStuffins, Baby Einstein, and the Tigers! Or anything on tv. She is smiling 24/7 & starting to giggle. She is such a happy baby!!

That's all the updating I have for now! Later I will be posting items I wish I would've had during my pregnancy!

XO




^ Ashtyn's newborn pictures & a more recent picture (at two months old) ^
Pictures by: Jason Loudermilk (Collective Image Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment