Friday, August 23, 2013

Pregnancy Must Haves!


#1. Stretch Mark Lotion - I used the cocoa butter lotion, pretty much everyday, sometimes up to five times a say (just whenever I thought of it). And my stretch marks arent bad! I REALLLY believe it helped me. Plus my belly very rarely itched from stretching and im sure keeping it hydrated helped!!

#2. Mints - If you had bad sickness or gestational diabetes (like I did), mints come in handy, A LOT! Not only do they help soothe your upset stomach but they have saved me when I felt like my sugar was getting low and I was border-line passing out.

#3. Pregnancy Pillow - This is one item I really wish I would have bought @ the beginning of my pregnacy! After I started really getting a baby bump, I slept with about four pillows. I had two for my head, one under the baby, and one in between the legs! If I would have thought of it sooner, this would have been A LOT easier!!

#4. A GOOD pair of yoga pants - I LIVED in my yoga pants my entire pregnancy. Most that you can find (PINK for sure) fold under the belly which makes them very comfortable! Plus they stretch with the growing belly!

#5. Maternity Tank - I also LIVED in my maternity tank! They are SO extremely comfortable, and you can put them underneath any shirt thats getting a little short on you!

#6. Filtered Water Bottle - I got mine from Old Navy, and used it the entire time I was pregnant. No matter where you are at, you can use the sink to refill the bottle, and it comes out tasting like bottled water! It helped so much with staying hydrated. (Im horrrrible @ drinking water, or staying hydrated in general).

#7. Pre-natal Vitamins - I tried a few different kinds, one-a-days, chewy, and organic. Im sure they were all good and did the same thing in the end! As long as you make sure they have DHA or buy extra DHA pills to take with the pre-natals. Taking pre-natals EVERY DAY is extremely important to making sure you and your sweet wittttle baby are getting all the nutrients you need! 

#8. At home Ultrasound machine - ha ha! I just thought this was awesome! I never had one, but im sure id be the coolest thing in the world. 

#9. Pregnancy books - I had TONS! It doesnt matter which ones. But as long as you are preparing yourself, books give out A LOT of useful information. 

I hoped this helped :) I was lost when I was pregnant and these are some main items I used. Im on my way upnorth, bored and did this in the car. If I remember anything I forgot to put on the list, ill post next time. 

XO

PS - This is the first weekend Ive been without my daughter since she was born and im already missing her like CRAZZYYYY!! (only left three hours ago). Thanks God for our family. If it wasn't for her Aunt Tam & Nana, theres no way I would've left. I LOVE that I feel completely safe leaving her with any of her Aunts, Uncles, or grandparents!! Living by your family with a baby makes life A LOT easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment